HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISORApply Now Job ID 1512487 Date posted 02/28/2021
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Kelowna General Hospital is hiring Casual Housekeeping Supervisors to join their Support Services team in Kelowna! If you excel in organization and thrive working in a high volume, high capacity department, then we want to hear from you!
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization and under the general direction of the Manager, oversees the day-to-day operation of the Housekeeping Department and assists with routine supervision of the housekeeping staff.
The typical duties and responsibilities of a Support Services Supervisor include:
• Supervises housekeeping staff by scheduling and co-coordinating work assignments and setting out project work. When directed by the Manager, calls in relief staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff. Monitors employee performance and determines related orientation and training requirements. Informs the Manager of any performance issues or skill improvement needs.
• Assists staff in the development of new work methods and procedures, identifying problems and making recommendations for alternative solutions.
• Provides orientation to new staff and in services on issues relevant to housekeeping. Performs a variety of housekeeping duties as required.
• Coordinates work with other departments and liaises with department heads and supervisors to resolve situations that impede work flows.
• Orders supplies and equipment from suppliers in accordance with established standards and procedures.
• In consultation with the Manager, prepares the budget estimates for the department. Monitors operational expenses, including staffing levels and workload patterns.
• Reviews work areas for quality of cleaning and provide feedback to the Manager.
• Monitors departmental needs and ensures there are adequate supplies available to the staff.
• Evaluates and selects all housekeeping equipment, chemicals and cleaning supplies.
• Ensures safety and sanitation practices and procedures are adhered to by utilizing checklists and other audit tools. Reports any problems in accordance with established procedures
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work:
Rotating Days, Evenings and Nights from: 06:00 to 14:00, 07:00 to 15:00, 09:00 to 17:00, 10:00 to 18:00, 14:00 to 22:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 22:00 to 06:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
The Okanagan's largest and liveliest population centre, Kelowna, is one of Canada's most popular vacation destinations and home of the legendary Ogopogo, the Okanagan’s own version of the Loch Ness Monster. With such a perfect lakeshore community, it is easy to believe that Kelowna is known to some as the Summer City. Summer smiles and glistening water year round will entice you to explore this amazing community. If you enjoy water sports - sailing, house boating, kayaking, windsurfing and fishing - you may never want to leave Kelowna. Downtown Kelowna offers a spectacular landscape of lake, mountains and parks, with a wide range of cafés, continental and ethnic restaurants and noisy nightclubs to choose from as well as unique shops and boutiques, heritage buildings and modern architecture, art galleries and museums, music and live theatre, and even a symphony and ballet.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12 plus three years' recent, related experience including six months’ supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to supervise.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.