HOME SUPPORT SCHEDULERS (KELOWNA CORPORATE OFFICE)Apply Now Job ID 1164878 Date posted 09/24/2018
Facility :CORPORATE OFFICE
Do you have front-line scheduling or staffing experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare? If so, Interior Health is seeking ONGOING CASUAL Home Support Scheduler applications for current and future positions as the need arises throughout the year for their Corporate Office in Kelowna, BC for you to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team!
The Home Support Scheduler may work at various facilities – May Bennett, West Kelowna and Ethel Street Home Health Offices and is responsible for developing and coordinating home support service schedules. Duties may include:
• Receive service referrals and changes;
• Review client needs and match community health workers based on suitability, geographic location, and skills required;
• Schedule, monitor, maintain and adjust Community Health Worker’s schedules and client appointments;
• Confirm completion of client service to referral clinician;
Hours of work: Rotating Days, Evenings – 06:00 to 13:30, 06:30 to 15:00, 08:30 to 14:24, 08:30 to 17:00, 15:00 to 22:30 hours.
Please note: Casual opportunities offer no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
To apply, please submit your application and include:
• A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Office Administration Certificate;
• Certificate or Official Transcript showing proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. **
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Program, plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 40 wpm or greater, dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type 40 wpm
• Ability to operate scheduling and database software in a windows environment
• Ability to communicate effectively to clients and families, community health workers and all members of the health care team
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to manage a high volume of work and manage several tasks at once
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth