HEALTH RECORDS FILE CLERKApply Now Job ID 1510740 Date posted 02/23/2021
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Kelowna General Hospital is looking for a Casual Health Records File Clerk to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 12 and one year's recent experience....Apply today!
This position performs clerical functions related to the preparation, retrieval, distribution and maintenance of health records, such as:
• Health record duties related to admissions and discharge of patients;
• Performs quantitative analysis;
• Sorts, photocopies and distributes reports and records;
• Files patient visits and associated loose medical reports;
• Retrieves, delivers, and signs outpatient health records;
• Answers inquiries regarding patient's charts and releases patient information to authorized requestors;
• Maintains incomplete chart area and pulls designated cases for review by various committees.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
*Along with your CV (resume), please submit your High School Diploma.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.