HEALTH INFORMATION PROCESSING CLERKApply Now Job ID 1462388 Date posted 11/25/2020
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Kelowna General Hospital is looking for a Relief Full Time Health Information Processing Clerk to join their team. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 55 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (self-administered internet tests are not accepted);
• Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs clerical duties relating to preparation, maintenance and storage of patient information in paper and electronic form, secretarial duties for Managers and Physicians and quantitative analysis, such as:
• Conduct quantitative analysis to ensure accuracy of patient records;
• Monitors and maintains an electronic tracking system for deficient patient charts;
• Types a variety of technical and non-technical material for Managers and Physicians - memos, correspondence, medical reports, minutes or notes at departmental or committee meetings;
• Retrieves, organizes and files patient records, reports, and other documents;
• Answers inquiries regarding patient information in accordance with legislative statutes, IHA and established policies, procedures and guidelines for Release of Information;
• Data entry functions for a variety of clinical registries and/or databases;
• Assists physicians in completing patient documentation by performing quantitative analysis;
• Reception duties - answers telephone, transfers calls, takes messages or answers routine enquiries. Receives visitors, provides information and directs to appropriate areas. Sorts and distributes mail (paper and electronic).
Hours of Work: 16:00 to 23:59 Monday to Friday
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Medical Terminology course, Plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 55 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (self-administered internet tests are not accepted)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 55 wpm
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
A valid 5 minute typing test taken within the past 48 months from an accredited institution is required. Please note that self-administered internet tests are not accepted
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.