HEALTH INFORMATION PROCESSING CLERKApply Now Job ID 1309371 Date posted 09/21/2019
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Kelowna General Hospital is looking for Casual Health Information Processing Clerks to join their team! Apply today!
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future casual vacancies. A qualified group of candidates will be identified. Once established, the qualified pool will be valid for a period of one year.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 55 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs clerical duties relating to preparation, maintenance and storage of patient information in paper and electronic form, secretarial duties for Managers and Physicians and quantitative analysis, such as:
• Conduct quantitative analysis to ensure accuracy of patient records;
• Monitors and maintains an electronic tracking system for deficient patient charts;
• Types a variety of technical and non-technical material for Managers and Physicians - memos, correspondence, medical reports, minutes or notes at departmental or committee meetings;
• Retrieves, organizes and files patient records, reports, and other documents;
• Answers inquiries regarding patient information in accordance with legislative statutes, IHA and established policies, procedures and guidelines for Release of Information;
• Data entry functions for a variety of clinical registries and/or databases;
• Assists physicians in completing patient documentation by performing quantitative analysis;
• Reception duties - answers telephone, transfers calls, takes messages or answers routine enquiries. Receives visitors, provides information and directs to appropriate areas. Sorts and distributes mail (paper and electronic).
Hours of work: Rotating Days, Evenings – 07:00 to 15:00, 08:00 to 16:00, 16:00 to 23:59.
Casual opportunities offer no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. However, once hired with Interior Health, you will have opportunity to apply to relief and permanent positions.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Medical Terminology course, Plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 55 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 55 wpm
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
**Along with your CV (resume), Please submit your High School Diploma, a Typing Test (minimum 55 wpm within past the 48 months) from a recognized institution and proof of Medical Terminology course. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth