HEALTH AUTHORITY MEDICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE (HAMAC) ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1304033 Date posted 08/29/2019
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Do you work well under pressure and have the ability to meet stringent deadlines in a fast paced environment? Do you possess excellent administrative skills and understand the complexities of our healthcare system? We are seeking a Health Authority Medical Advisory Committee (HAMAC) Assistant to join our Executive Administration team!
The HAMAC Assistant provides confidential support to the HAMAC Chair, HAMAC Committees and day-to-day operations of the HAMAC office. The HAMAC Assistant, in accordance with committee terms of reference, provides support to the HAMAC Chair and HAMAC Sub-Committee chairs to ensure all committee meetings and functions are conducted with efficiency and effectiveness.
The HAMAC Assistant is responsible for effectively scheduling and managing engagement activities for the Chair, the Committee and the Sub-Committees and for developing related reports, presentations, and correspondence. In addition, this position will also provide administrative support to the Internal Auditor and Corporate Director, Privacy, Policy & Risk Management.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages the flow of appropriate information and correspondence for the HAMAC Chair and members of HAMAC to and from the Health Authority, Regional Medical Advisory Committees, Local Medical Advisory Committees, the Board of Directors, and provincial government agencies.
• Engages with various contacts inside and outside the organization to help create productive, collaborative working relationships with HAMAC and to enhance the reputation of the organization (e.g., representatives and others within IH, other Health Authorities, physician organizations in communities across IH, external organizations’ staff supporting provincial physician committees (SSC, GPSC, etc.), and academic institutions).
• Coordinates appointments, meetings, and engagement events with stakeholders and participates as appropriate.
• Organizes all aspects of HAMAC meetings to ensure logistics and proceedings are handled efficiently and effectively (whether in-person or virtual). Ensures the appropriate flow of information to HAMAC and the Board, and the dissemination of results from HAMAC and Board decisions to appropriate staff and Medical Advisory Committees for consideration and implementation.
• Assists the HAMAC Chair & Sub-Committee Chairs in scheduling meetings and developing agendas for HAMAC meetings and Sub-Committee meetings; recommends appropriate content for in-camera and public meetings; records minutes and attendance; and tracks the completion of action items.
• Gathers relevant information regarding HA and MOH policies related to the Hospital Act, Medical Staff Bylaws, and Rules for the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules Committee’s consideration in preparing and presenting recommended changes to HAMAC and the Board for approval. Follows administrative processes to enact changes to online policies, ensuring consistency of language and compliance with relevant policies, guidelines, and legislation.
• Assists the HAMAC and Sub-Committee Chairs in developing and implementing a process to replace retiring members and acts as the primary liaison with the Nominations Committee to facilitate the HAMAC appointment process. Assists in the implementation of effective protocol and resource materials for the orientation of new HAMAC members.
• Assists in the development of the draft HAMAC budget to be presented to the Corporate Director, Medical Affairs and HAMAC Chair for review and recommendation for VP, Medicine & Quality approval. Monitors the budget to ensure compliance with government financial policies and to maintain fiscal responsibility.
• Coordinates HAMAC remuneration and Conflict of Interest Declaration processes and ensures compliance with IH policy.
• Oversees the retention of all HAMAC records, including the minutes of all meetings of HAMAC and its Committees.
• Supports the HAMAC Chair in determining administrative support for the HAMAC Committees and promotes consistent process and improvement of practices for HAMAC and its Committees.
• Provides administrative support to the Internal Auditor and Corporate Director, Privacy, Policy & Risk Management, including: coordinating meeting schedules and calendars; preparing and typing correspondence, minutes, confidential reports and other documents; preparing and processing requests for payment; responding to administrative requests & inquiries; maintaining an electronic filing system of all documents.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• A two-year post-secondary certificate in office administration or a healthcare-related field with one or more disciplines in Health Care Administration.
• Five to seven years of recent experience, including at least three years at a senior executive assistant level.
• Experience and interest in Medical Advisory Committee/Board governance.
• Experience in building and maintaining relations with physicians, senior executives, and officials.
• Experience with and understanding of the complexity of the healthcare system and of the operations of the Health Authority and related ministry departments.
Skills and Abilities
• Possess a high degree of tact, diplomacy, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to accept and assume responsibility, work without direction and under pressure, meet deadlines, problem-solve, make well-informed decisions, use initiative and judgment to develop courses of action that are results-oriented, and anticipate and respond to changing priorities.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally, in writing, and as a facilitator.
• Ability to perform as an integral part of a senior team, interacting effectively with others both internal and external to the organization including the public, elected officials, and senior staff from all levels of government.
• Ability to critically analyze and synthesize data.
• Ability to record and compose minutes accurately and effectively.
• Fluent in the use of meeting technologies including voice, video and web conferencing, and audio visual systems.
• Possess excellent keyboarding/word processing and computer application skills (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other programs) required to fulfill responsibilities. Productively use technology where appropriate and conduct information searches.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth