ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY SONOGRAPHERApply Now Job ID 1244561 Date posted 04/03/2019
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
We are looking for a patient-focused team player to fill a Cardiac Ultrasound Technologist position at Kelowna General Hospital.
The successful applicant with work within the hospital’s Echo Lab. The Echo Lab is part of a large Diagnostic Cardiology Department, which includes Interior Health’s Regional Heart Cath Lab and Angioplasty Program, ECG, Stress Testing, Atrial Fibrillation Clinic, and Cardiac Device Clinic. Services include Adult and Pediatric Echo, Stress Echo (Treadmill, Bike, Dobutamine), Transesophageal Echo, Contrast and Bubble Echo. Approximately 11,500 inpatient and outpatient Echo exams performed annually.
The Cardiac Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for performing diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations and related duties while working in collaboration with Radiologists, Cardiologists, Physicians and other health care professionals. Some typical duties include:
• Receiving, verifying and processing requisitions from Physicians for diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations.
• Performing all diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations in accordance with established standards, procedures and protocols. Performing related calculations and technical analysis to aid Physicians in the interpretation of scans.
• Organizing workload according to exam priority and equipment availability.
• Monitoring patient care and safety by ensuring procedures adhere to department standards, policies and protocols.
Ultrasound equipment consists of: • Philips IE33, GE Vivid S6 • Meditech HIS • McKesson CPACs
Our Diagnostic Cardiac team provides an exceptional professional environment for Medical Imaging and offers the opportunity to join a healthcare team dedicated to excellent clinical and communication skills, professionalism, and commitment to teamwork. We have a future of unparalleled opportunity for professional growth.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health. We offer generous vacation entitlement and Pension Plan. Relocation allowance is offered to eligible new employees.
If this wonderful career opportunity fits your style, we would love to hear from you! Apply Today!
Community Profile: Surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery, the thriving City of Kelowna is situated on the eastern shores of Lake Okanagan in the South Central Region of British Columbia. It is the largest city in the area and boasts all of the amenities of a major centre including fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant arts and culture scene. Wine tours, golfing, skiing, boating, swimming and camping are among the many recreational activities enjoyed by residents here.
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (i.e. Adult and Peds Echo) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers as required for the assigned practice area.
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth