ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY SONOGRAPHERApply Now Job ID 1178162 Date posted 02/20/2019
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Kelowna General Hospital’s Echocardiography Department has a career opportunity for a relief full time Echocardiography Sonographer to join its team of healthcare professionals.
The hospital is a 317 acute bed hospital and one of Interior Health’s two Tertiary Referral Hospitals. Adjacent to Kelowna General is the new Interior Heart & Surgical Centre (IHSC). IHSC provides timely, much needed surgeries to patients who require lifesaving procedures. IHSC is Kelowna General Hospital’s principal surgical site and features:
• 9 specialized Operating Rooms created for Thoracic, Urology, Neurosurgery, Vascular, Plastics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Ears Nose and Throat, Orthopedics, General and Trauma surgeries.
• 2 dedicated Cardiac ORs
• A Hybrid OR where minimally invasive surgery is performed under the guidance of specialized digital imaging.
• Supporting the training of tomorrow’s surgeons and physicians through an affiliation with the University of BC’s Faculty of Medicine’s Southern Medical Programs.
• Opportunity to work using the most current equipment and techniques.
The Echocardiography Sonographer performs cardiac diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations for inpatient and outpatient examinations. In addition to adult echocardiography, the technologist is required to carry out pediatric and neonatal echocardiography as required and will be supported in further developing these skills. The Echo sonographer works in collaboration with radiologists/cardiologists, physicians and other health care professionals and is responsible for proper use and maintenance of the ultrasound equipment.
We have clinical advisory groups that are working together to ensure best practice throughout Interior Health. Experience the difference of working for the public sector; where it feels good to give back.
Be part of a dynamic team! To explore an exciting new career opportunity, apply online today!
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Generalist and/or Cardiac) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Abdomen/Small Parts, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Cardiac, and/or Vascular).
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth