DISABILITY MANAGEMENT ADVISORApply Now Job ID 1416725 Date posted 06/27/2020
Facility :CORPORATE OFFICE
Status :TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for a Disability Management Advisor to join our team!
About the Role:
The Disability Management Advisor (DMA) (Range 7) supports employees requiring disability management (DM) services through the development and management of comprehensive Stay at Work/Return to Work (SAW/RTW) programs after onset of illness/injury to mitigate the associated disability burden. The DMA develops, implements, monitors, and updates comprehensive case management plans that include early intervention; provision of rehabilitation services; and treatment referrals, return to work management, vocational rehabilitation services, and/or implementation of duty to accommodate agreements. The DMA promotes Disability Management (DM) best practice; provides expert advice and training; maintains financial accountability; and liaises and negotiates with key stakeholder groups that include employees, managers, unions, insurance carriers, treatment providers, HR Consulting, and lawyers to create effective opportunities for SAW/RTW arrangements.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates complex and comprehensive case management plans for ill/injured employees to address SAW/RTW and/or work accommodation barriers through consultation with medical and rehabilitation practitioners, third party insurance carriers, managers, unions, Human Resources, and employees.
• Establishes innovative and creative short- and long-term solutions to reduce employee absences and facilitate SAW/RTW and medical duty to accommodate arrangements, reducing the disability burden on the organization. Identifies systemic barriers to RTW and facilitates unit-specific solutions to support and promote suitable transitional work or work accommodations for ill/injured employees. Mitigates risk and financial liability in the event of Enhanced Disability Management Program (EDMP) disputes, disability management or medical Duty to Accommodation related grievances, arbitrations, mediations, and/or human rights complaints. Must be able to support disability management decisions at all levels of the dispute process.
• Develops individualized rehabilitation plans through negotiation and collaboration with external agencies including WorkSafeBC, ICBC, Great West Life, and Healthcare Benefit Trust to facilitate safe and durable SAW/RTW or work accommodation agreements for employees. Assesses and interprets medical information, including discussions with medical practitioners, to assess fitness for work and/or to substantiate requirements for medical work accommodation.
• Provides disability management expertise through consultation and support to leaders, employees, and others regarding the administration of EDMP collective agreement language and other disability-related legislation and policies to ensure their consistent application and to create supportive, successful RTW outcomes.
• Promotes and demonstrates constructive, open, and direct communication with all stakeholders (employees, unions, managers, Human Resources, treatment providers, third parties) to negotiate effective case management plans and/or to raise and address controversial issues in a constructive manner. Serves as the focal point for centralized communication and coordination of the rehabilitation plan.
• Provides disability management best practice guidance through coaching and/or mentoring to colleagues and clients. Directs the administrative level on process-related functions, as applicable.
• Assesses workplace exposure to ergonomic risks and provides recommendations on interventions such as engineering controls, administrative controls, and training.
• Performs job task analyses and advises departments regarding changes to job design and practices that will reduce the risk for injuries.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates instructional programs and training materials to assist managers, supervisors, and staff in such areas as musculoskeletal injury prevention, RTW, and duty to accommodate.
• Remains current on disability management, human rights, and other related legislation; healthcare collective agreements; and Health Authority policy and procedures to ensure Interior Health Disability Management programs are current and within legislative and/or collective agreement requirements.
• Performs other related duties, as assigned.
This is a temporary full time position until May 4, 2021 or return of incumbent. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 16:00.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer one of the best benefit packages and pension plans in Canada.
Make a difference. Love your work! Apply today!
• A Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in a health discipline such as Kinesiology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, or Occupational Health Nursing.
• Registration with the appropriate professional organization (as applicable).
• Five years of recent, related experience in healthcare, a large multi-union environment, and/or a similarly complex organization and/or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• A Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP) designation with the International DM Standards Council is an asset.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth