DIABETES EDUCATION NURSEApply Now Job ID 1324162 Date posted 10/18/2019
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
If you are a dynamic and highly professional individual who enjoys working as part of a close-knit and high-functioning team, we have a career opportunity for you. We currently have a casual Diabetes Education Nurse opportunity available in Kelowna, BC.
As the Diabetes Education Nurse within our multidisciplinary team, you will work with people of all ages and with all stages of diabetes. Some duties within the scope of this role include education of gestational diabetes, pediatric diabetes, insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring. If you are comfortable speaking with physicians and teaching clients how to manage their diabetes, this is the position for you.
This position will support the team by covering shifts on days from 0830 – 1612 and evenings from 1200-1945.
If you have honed your nursing skills and are enthusiastic about your practice, we would love to chat with you. Come to Interior Health and make a difference in people’s lives while loving what you do! Apply Today!
*** To be considered for this position you must be a Certified Diabetes Educator with the Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board (CDECB) and be eligible to handle insulin dose adjustments as per the scope of practice for Registered Nurses as outlined by the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP). ***
• Graduation from an approved school of Nursing with current practicing registration with British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
• Current valid Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
• Two years’ recent related clinical experience including: one year experience assessing, treating, and educating patients, family members, and others, about diabetes using a self-management support approach; and experience providing formal, adult, group education; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Certification as a pump trainer would be an asset
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth