COORDINATOR, PAYROLLApply Now Job ID 1340697 Date posted 11/30/2019
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to join our Payroll team as a Coordinator.
The Coordinator, Payroll is responsible for coordinating the Payroll functions for Interior Health (IH) including the management of designated staff and assisting in the development and maintenance of related information flows across the region. This is a temporary position until November 30, 2020 or return of incumbent.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates customer service support to all sites.
• Accountable for the maintenance of the computerized payroll software module, ensuring updates are compliant with current Federal and Provincial statutory requirements, Collective Agreements, generally accepted accounting principles, MIS Guidelines, and regional policies and procedures.
• Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of the biweekly pay processing cycle including processing, auditing, and reconciling accounts ensuring all legislative requirements (tax compliance, superannuation) are met including third party vendors that provide benefit coverage.
• Provides leadership within and around Financial Services in order to facilitate the achievement of the mission, goals, and objectives of the Financial Services department.
• Responsible for the selection, evaluation, development, discipline, and, if necessary, termination of staff. Negotiates essential service levels.
• Responsible for planning, approving, and implementing automations to affect bargaining unit jobs. Coordinates payroll functions, ensuring processing efficiencies, audit controls, and appropriate accounting practices are followed.
• Responsible for the process to maximize collection of amounts owing by employees related to compensation matters (i.e. employee paid benefits, recovery of wages, etc.).
• Responsible for the payment of physician remuneration on a biweekly basis.
• Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of employee severance calculations.
• Develops processes and implements automation of systems to increase efficiencies.
• Provides or coordinates system support for Payroll module, along with liaison regarding timekeeping modules/systems.
• Liaises with facilities and departments, including customer support to all sites. Analyzes payroll data and prepares reports as assigned.
• Coordinates remittances of all payroll deductions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience
• Completion of the fourth year of a recognized accounting program.
• Completion of Canadian Payroll Association certification is recommended.
• Five years of recent, related payroll experience in a supervisory/management capacity in a multi-union healthcare setting.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated computer skills, including Excel and other Microsoft Office products, in a complex, computerized environment.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, plan, direct, manage, and implement.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including the ability to make presentations to groups.
• Demonstrated ability to be effective in an environment subject to continuous change.
• Must be detail-oriented with accuracy.
• Ability to work with sensitive, confidential, and personal information while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic environment. Excellent knowledge of complex computerized systems and National MIS Standards.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth