COORDINATOR, CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT, STAFFING SERVICESApply Now Job ID 1357458 Date posted 01/14/2020
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Exciting opportunity for a Coordinator, Continuous Improvement to join our Staffing Services team.
The Coordinator, Continuous Improvement, Staffing Services (Range 6) is responsible for providing leadership to Staffing Services’ teams to improve team performance. In particular, the Coordinator provides expertise in mapping, measurement, and facilitated redesign of processes and in the monitoring of results with teams. The Coordinator acts as a coach/ facilitator to the teams as they work toward self-management and also provides leadership in managing the implementation of departmental policy and technology changes. The Coordinator is required to perform delegated Manager duties.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads and participates in process improvement projects to identify and implement detailed office procedures for Staffing Services (e.g., Short call, advanced booking and timekeeping).
• Ensures local unit procedures comply with departmental or Interior Health (IH) process and/or policy.
• Acts as the second point of contact to customers in the interpretation of processes and the application of collective agreement provisions to staffing processes, if Staffing Clerks are unable to resolve.
• Recommends changes to departmental processes to meet department goals and objectives.
• Participates in department-wide process review to identify and implement technological solutions to improve efficiency and accuracy.
• Has delegated responsibility for supervisory functions such as work assignment, leave requests, recruitment, and performance management, in the absence of the Manager or due to Manager workload.
• Facilitates the redistribution of workload between Staffing Clerks.
• Assists the Manager in preparing employee performance appraisals by providing objective and constructive feedback through formal and informal opportunities.
• Carries out a variety of administrative functions such as participating in and/or chairing departmental meetings, participating in interdepartmental meetings, and liaising with other departments and unit Managers on staffing related matters.
• Leads and coordinates special projects throughout the year (i.e. planning and execution of the vacation planning process).
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience
• A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a two year Diploma in Business, Administration, Human Resources, Health Information, or a related discipline. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience with 3 years in scheduling, preferably in the healthcare field.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – communicates effectively
• Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
• Develops Coalitions – mobilizes knowledge, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service
• System Transformation – encourages and supports innovation, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of performance management processes.
• Demonstrated customer-focused approach.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, plan, and implement work for self and others.
• Ability to develop effective relationships with IH staff at all levels.
• Demonstrated collaborative team approach with communications skills appropriate to managing complex relationships.
• Ability to take initiative in problem solving and implementing changes and new systems.
• Ability to effectively manage, supervise, and guide staff.
• Superior computer skills are essential.
• Detailed knowledge of ESP and collective agreements relative to scheduling.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth