COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKERApply Now Job ID 1283926 Date posted 07/12/2019
Facility :CORPORATE OFFICE
Due to a recent change in our rotations we have MULTIPLE CASUAL AND PERMANENT PART TIME Community Health Worker positions available on our Kelowna Home Support team. Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? If the answer is 'yes' then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Services are provided 7 days a week in the community so as a casual you may be called in any day of the week. Hours of services are primarily 07:00 to 23:00 with occasionally night shifts; at this time we are particularly seeking candidates with at least 5 days/week of availability including 1 weekend day (we also utilize split shifts). The permanent positions will have a rotating schedule and will be eligible for our full comprehensive benefits package including health and welfare benefits, paid sick and plenty of vacation!
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work supporting your clients while working with a great team, Kelowna Home Support is the place for you. Apply today!
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth