CLINICAL PHARMACISTApply Now Job ID 1285151 Date posted 09/14/2019
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.62 FTE)
Have you completed a Hospital Pharmacy Residency program and licensure with the College of Pharmacists of BC? Are you looking to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance your career? If so, we have a wonderful opportunity for you!
We are seeking a Clinical Pharmacist to join our Pharmacy Team in Kelowna, B.C. Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) is a tertiary hospital and referral centre with 400 beds, a full range of services, an adjacent cancer centre, a new state-of-the-art Centennial Building, and is the primary acute care facility in the region.
Our Clinical Pharmacist positions offer the opportunity to provide pharmaceutical care as part of a multi-disciplinary team in clinical areas including emergency medicine, critical care, general medicine, specialty medicine, general surgery, infectious diseases, cardiology, cardiac surgery, pre-surgical screening, home IV therapy, and nephrology.
As the Clinical Pharmacist you will provide pharmacy services to patients in the acute care and long-term care environment. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, you will assess and recommend individualized treatments and act as the primary resource for drug information, education and provide expert advice to health care professionals. Added responsibility is monitoring drug prescribing, drug distribution and drug therapy to ensure safe, effective, rational, legal and economic use of drugs.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication!
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists
• Continuous educational opportunities
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care
• 100 percent employer paid comprehensive benefits’ package and pension plan
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
This is a relief part time (0.62 FTE) position until the return of the incumbent. Shift types are days, evenings and nights. Shift times are 07:00 to 15:00, 07:30 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:00, 09:00 to 17:00, 11:00 to 19:00, 13:00 to 21:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 23:00 to 07:00 hours.
If you are looking for a position that allows you to truly make an impact in health care delivery this is the position for you. With ongoing training and networking opportunities throughout the province this is an amazing opportunity to take your career to the next level. Apply today!
Education, Training & Experience
• Current registration as a pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
• Completion of a Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program or a combination of at least one year of relevant pharmacy experience and recognized advanced education courses.
• Active membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists is encouraged.
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver's License.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth