CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST (CNS), PEDIATRICSApply Now Job ID 1260429 Date posted 05/14/2019
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.80 FTE)
Do you have extensive clinical experience in Pediatrics and a passion for leadership? We are seeking a permanent part time Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Pediatrics to join our amazing team!
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) contributes to the development of knowledge, the ongoing improvement of practice, and quality service in the area of pediatrics through the demonstration of leadership; the development of educational programming; participation in research; and the development of new knowledge, formal and informal education delivery, and expert clinical consultation. The CNS provides leadership and focuses on improving outcomes and quality of care by advancing nursing and interdisciplinary practice in the area of pediatrics through the use of advanced and evidence-based practice. In consultation with interdisciplinary team members, the CNS will take a lead role in developing frameworks and strategies to facilitate the implementation of best practices for the area of specialty. This includes evaluating research and monitoring, updating, and revising related standards, policies, and procedures.
Reporting to the Director, Maternal, Newborn, Child & Youth (MCNY) Network, the Clinical Nurse Specialist is an advanced practice nurse accountable for improving client, population, and health system outcomes by integrating knowledge, skills, and expertise in clinical care, research, leadership, consultation, education, and collaboration. The CNS functions both independently and in collaboration with interdisciplinary team members in all aspects of this role.
Education, Training, and Experience
• A Master’s degree in Nursing from a recognized university is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of recent, related experience in pediatrics.
• Completion of a recognized pediatric nursing specialty program is preferred.
• Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
• Previous teaching experience is preferred.
• A valid British Columbia Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated extensive clinical experience and in-depth knowledge within the specialty area.
• Demonstrated ability to guide individuals toward the vision of the organization while fostering teamwork and commitment to excellence in the provision of care.
• Diplomacy and integrity.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and support change that is consistent with the vision, purpose, and operating principles of Interior Health.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to identify variances and implement strategies that lead to desired outcomes.
• Ability to effectively plan, implement, and evaluate patient care outcomes.
• Ability to apply the problem-solving process demonstrating critical thinking, decision-making skills, and systems analysis.
• Ability to define own continuing education needs and maintain competency through membership and participation in professional specialty organizations, attendance at annual national conferences, local educational workshops/seminars, video-conferencing, and through regular literature review.
• Ability to operate related medical/computer equipment and computer programs (i.e., word processing, e-mail, internet, Excel basic spreadsheets).
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth