CLINICAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS PHYSICIAN LIAISONApply Now Job ID 1294223 Date posted 08/09/2019
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
If you are a highly professional individual with strong communication skills who enjoys working independently and collaboratively as part of a team, we have a career opportunity for you.
In accordance with the established vision and values of the organization, the Clinical Information Systems Physician Liaison collaborates with Clinical Informatics, Physician Adoption Leads and Health Records team members to provide technical training and system utilization support for electronic physician documentation with voice recognition for physicians.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Delivers physician-specific, electronic documentation with voice recognition technical training curriculum that is based upon clinical improvement objectives, work process automation and ease of use needs.
• Provides 1:1 in person training and classroom training as needed.
• Distributes physician-friendly quick reference guides and other technical learning aides such as Online Help content, videos, etc.
• Assists in improving training and support content based upon evolving clinical needs as well as verbal and written requests.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of training and support methods, incorporating feedback received to continuously improve both.
• Determines metrics and measurements.
• Consults with stakeholders to coordinate training activities and address issues.
• Develops and maintains professional partnerships.
• Investigates and resolves system problems.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in a clinical or health-related field, plus five to seven years of related experience, including experience in training and supporting physicians with clinical information systems.
• Understanding of physician workflows, terminology and knowledge of the MEDITECH clinical system’s capabilities.
• Experience delivering integrated voice recognition education in a clinical environment.
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
• Willingness to travel.
Skills and Abilities
• Embodies the core value of “patients first”.
• Presents strong interpersonal skills and a professional presence at all times.
• Superior oral and written communications.
• Effective presentation skills
• Proficient in conflict resolution, group interaction & team building.
• Working knowledge of adult learning concepts and their application.
• Effectively communicates clinical practice and work process improvement objectives while providing support and technical training to physicians.
• Organizes and prioritizes workload in a self-directed manner.
• Committed to meeting aggressive deadlines and cope in a fast-paced environment.
• Uses sound judgment to handle potentially charged issues independently and with the knowledge to escalate and to ask for help when needed.
• Identifies, analyzes, and solve problems, focusing on results through positive interactions.
• Understands change dynamics and change management processes.
• Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth