CLINICAL INFORMATICS ANALYST IIIApply Now Job ID 1455085 Date posted 10/21/2020
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Interior Health is currently hiring a permanent full time Clinical Informatics Analyst III to join our Information Management Information Technology (IMIT) team in Kelowna. This is a relief full time position until March 31, 2021 or return of the incumbent.
This position will directly support Primary Health Care. The Clinical Informatics Analyst role on the Primary Health Care team provides end user support to primary care providers, clinicians, admin staff and site managers. The primary clinical system is the Intrahealth Profile EMR, and tasks may include provisioning of user access, EMR support, workflow optimization, development of clinical documentation tools, technical investigation and analysis etc.
The Clinical Informatics Analyst III evaluates, plans, implements, tests, maintains, and supports complex, integrated information systems which support clinical and health information needs throughout Interior Health. The Clinical Informatics Analyst III will act as project leader for smaller scale projects. This position provides consultative support and training to regional users of software applications.
Experience with obtaining workflow and system requirements from customers and translating them into technical solutions is essential in order to succeed in this role.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Undertakes complex and integrated clinical and health information systems projects from preliminary analysis to post implementation review.
2. Acts as a liaison with members of the assigned areas/departments, care providers and vendors to trouble shoot problems, assess priority, research and evaluate alternatives and implement recommendations.
3. Configures, tests, supports and maintains complex and/or large-scale applications that are integrated across multiple departments and throughout Interior Health.
4. Develops proposals for modification and/or enhancement of complex vendor applications and liaises with vendors to oversee installation, testing, problem resolution/debugging of program coding.
5. As a member of the team, advises Clinical Informatics Analysts in the implementation and support of application software.
6. Participates in the development of department standards, methods and procedures.
7. Designs, develops, implements and evaluates computerized dictionaries, databases and reports using vendor software applications.
8. Plans, implements and evaluates educational training programs and provides related training to meet the learning needs of users within the areas/departments with respect to a) education of new users and b) the continuing education of users regarding system upgrades and new technology.
9. Provides informational input and expertise during acquisition of products and services and during development of department project plans, project priorities and tactical plans as required.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science plus three years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.