Clinical Informatics Analyst IiiApply Now Job ID 1572271 Date posted 07/06/2021
Facility :KELOWNA WAREHOUSE (REIDS)
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Are you an IT professional with experience in healthcare informatics? Do you have experience using clinical systems such as Meditech? Interior Health is currently looking for a Clinical Informatics Analyst III to join our Information Management & Information Technology (IMIT) team in Kelowna. This position supports the Health Information Management and acute registration areas.
The Clinical Informatics Analyst III evaluates, plans, implements, tests, maintains, and supports complex, integrated information systems which support clinical and health information needs throughout Interior Health. The Clinical Informatics Analyst III will act as project leader for smaller scale projects. This position provides consultative support and training to regional users of software applications.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Undertakes complex and integrated clinical and health information systems projects from preliminary analysis to post implementation review by:
o Conducting feasibility studies/needs assessments
o Gathering detailed information from users
o Reviewing operational business processes
o Developing and documenting systems, processes and procedures
o Detailing software and integration specifications for complex systems
o Preparing project charters, detailed implementation plans and schedules
o Estimating resource requirements and costs
o Leading implementation teams and committees
o Implementing project plans and clinical systems
o Managing project resources
o Monitoring and reporting implementation progress
o Conducting post implementation reviews
o Supporting and maintaining clinical and health information systems
• Acts as a liaison with members of the assigned areas/departments, care providers and vendors to trouble shoot problems, assess priority, research and evaluate alternatives and implement recommendations.
• Configures, tests, supports and maintains complex and/or large-scale applications that are integrated across multiple departments and throughout Interior Health.
• Develops proposals for modification and/or enhancement of complex vendor applications and liaises with vendors to oversee installation, testing, problem resolution/debugging of program coding.
• Designs, develops, implements and evaluates computerized dictionaries, databases and reports using vendor software applications.
• Plans, implements and evaluates educational training programs and provides related training to meet the learning needs of users within the areas/departments with respect to a) education of new users and b) the continuing education of users regarding system upgrades and new technology.
• Provides informational input and expertise during acquisition of products and services and during development of department project plans, project priorities and tactical plans as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
This is a relief full time position until the return of the incumbent. Shift times are from 08:00 to 16:00 hours Monday to Friday.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
• An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate.
• Challenging and rewarding work environment.
• In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada.
• Generous paid time off. Annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days).
• Excellent Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage. We offer an attractive (defined benefit) employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science
• Three years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.