CLINICAL INFORMATICS ANALYST IIApply Now Job ID 1430784 Date posted 09/30/2020
Facility :CORPORATE OFFICE
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Are you an IT professional with experience in healthcare informatics? Do you have experience using clinical systems such as Meditech? Interior Health is currently looking for a Clinical Informatics Analyst II to join our Information Management & Information Technology (IMIT) team in Kelowna. This position supports the Health Information Management and acute registration areas.
The Clinical Informatics Analyst II evaluates, plans, implements, tests, maintains and supports information systems which support clinical and health information needs throughout Interior Health in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards. This position provides consultative support and training to regional users of software applications.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The Clinical Informatics Analyst II will be responsible for clinical and health information systems throughout the software life cycle including the following:
o Conducting requirements analysis/needs assessments for a defined department/program area by conducting user interviews, assessing information flows, and understanding business processes.
o Installing, configuring and testing clinical and health information systems.
o Developing and documenting systems processes and procedures.
o Preparing implementation plans and schedules including estimating resource estimates.
o Monitoring and reporting progress for duties and responsibilities.
o Supporting and maintaining clinical and health information systems.
2. Liaises with members of the assigned areas/departments and software vendors to troubleshoot problems, assess priority, research and evaluate alternatives and implement recommendations.
3. Develops proposals for modification and/or enhancement of vendor software applications and liaises with vendors to oversee installation, testing and problem resolution/debugging of program coding.
4. Designs, develops, implements and evaluates computerized software dictionaries, databases and reports using vendor software applications.
5. Plans, implements and evaluates educational training requirements and provides related training to meet the learning needs of users within the areas/departments with respect to (a) education of new users and (b) the continuing education of users regarding system upgrades and new technology.
6. Provides informational input and expertise during acquisition of products and services and during development of department project plans, project priorities and tactical plans as required.
7. Other related duties as required.
This is a relief full time position until the return of the incumbent. Shift times are from 08:00 to 16:00 hours.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
• An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate.
• Challenging and rewarding work environment.
• In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada.
• Generous paid time off. Annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days).
• Excellent Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage. We offer an attractive (defined benefit) employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science
• Two years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.