CLINICAL INFORMATICS ANALYST II: PRIMARY CARE SYSTEMSApply Now Job ID 1147793 Date posted 12/20/2018
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is currently seeking a Clinical Informatics Analyst II to support Primary Health Care sites, users and services across the region. A strong candidate will have an understanding of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Systems, a degree or diploma in Computer Sciences or Health Information Systems, as well as two years recent experience.
Join our dynamic team as we work to support transformation and growth for Primary and Community Health Care delivery by leveraging technology solutions! The Clinical Analysts are involved with Electronic Medical Record system implementations, support, improvement and growth as we work to build efficiency and improve access to information for our front line health care providers.
The Clinical Informatics Analyst II evaluates, plans, implements, tests, maintains and supports information systems which support clinical and health information needs throughout Interior Health in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards. This position provides consultative support and training to regional users of software applications. This is a project full time position, working Monday to Friday 08:30 to 16:30 (Saturdays, Sundays and Stats off).
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Clinical Informatics Analyst II will be responsible for clinical and health information systems throughout the software life cycle including the following:
- Conducting requirements analysis/needs assessments for a defined department/program area by conducting user interviews, assessing information flows, and understanding business processes.
- Installing, configuring and testing clinical and health information systems.
- Developing and documenting systems processes and procedures.
- Preparing implementation plans and schedules including estimating resource estimates.
- Monitoring and reporting progress for duties and responsibilities.
- Supporting and maintaining clinical and health information systems.
• Liaises with members of the assigned areas/departments and software vendors to troubleshoot problems, assess priority, research and evaluate alternatives and implement recommendations.
• Determines ongoing information needs, implements system changes and provides support related to clinical and health information software applications.
• Serves as the primary contact person for assigned clinical service area(s) regarding software applications.
• Develops proposals for modification and/or enhancement of vendor software applications and liaises with vendors to oversee installation, testing and problem resolution/debugging of program coding.
• Participates in the development of department standards, methods and procedures.
• Designs, develops, implements and evaluates computerized software dictionaries, databases and reports using vendor software applications.
• Plans, implements and evaluates educational training requirements and provides related training to meet the learning needs of users within the areas/departments with respect to (a) education of new users and (b) the continuing education of users regarding system upgrades and new technology.
• Provides informational input and expertise during acquisition of products and services and during development of department project plans, project priorities and tactical plans as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science
• Two years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth