BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYSTApply Now Job ID 1320324 Date posted 11/14/2019
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to fulfill a Permanent Full Time position in Kelowna, B.C.
The Business Systems Analyst evaluates, plans, implements and maintains computerized business systems, which support health care financial and management information needs throughout Interior Health according to established policies, procedures and standards. Job priorities and objectives are developed in conjunction with designated Management representatives and the Manager (or designate).
This position will support our current Employee Scheduling system (ESP) on a day to day basis. In addition, the role supports some of our Foundations and Volunteer systems. Experience with large scale scheduling systems and working with large sets of complex data is a benefit.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts needs assessments for assigned business service areas/department; liaises with members of the assigned areas/departments, care providers and hardware, software and peripheral vendors to resolve problems and/or recommends modification to and/or new systems ensuring effective cost efficient system(s) implementation, maintenance and evaluation.
2. Determines ongoing information needs, implements system changes and provides support related to applicable computer applications.
3. Installs, configures, supports and maintains applications and overall integration of computerized business systems throughout Interior Health.
4. Serves as the primary contact person for assigned business service area(s) regarding applications and interface issues and secondary contact for business applications Meditech, Microsoft, etc.
5. Develops proposals for modification and/or enhancement of vendor business applications and liaises with vendors to oversee installation, testing and problem resolution/debugging of program coding.
6. Designs, develops, implements and evaluates computerized business dictionaries, databases and reports using vendor software applications.
7. Plans, implements and evaluates educational training requirements and provides related training to meet the learning needs of users within the assigned business service areas/departments with respect to (a) education of new users and (b) the continuing education of users regarding items such as system upgrades and new technology.
8. Provides input to the Coordinator related to capital budget and renovation items as required.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
A degree or diploma program in Computer Science plus two years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to organize work.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth