BUSINESS ANALYSTApply Now Job ID 1404463 Date posted 05/22/2020
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Business Analyst to join our team in at the Community Health Service Centre in Kelowna, BC. If you love a fast-paced environment and want to work for a fantastic organization, this is the position for you!
About the Role:
The Business Analyst is responsible for ensuring a strong integration of information and issue management between both the planning and reporting aspects of financial services. The Business Analyst will coordinate an effective forecasting mechanism to assist Senior Executives’ ability to adjust and commit resources toward organizational priorities and will coordinate capital equipment, capital improvement, and maintenance improvement requests.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Responsible for gathering financial and statistical information for analysis and distribution.
• Coordinates data for use in the regular reporting cycle and forecasting tools.
• Prepares ad hoc reports and assists in the development of new reports to meet the changing needs of the organization.
• Reviews plans for allocating resources and budget recommendations prepared by others and adjusts the budget accordingly.
• Reconciles data to ensure accuracy.
• Coordinates capital planning documents and prepares capital monitoring reports.
• Provides input on new and existing policies and processes in conjunction with Business Consultants and makes recommendations to the Director, Business Support and clients on issues that relate to both strategic and day-to-day operations of IH.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces.
Interior Health, where every person matters! Apply today!
• A Bachelor’s degree and/or a CPA, other relevant designation, or currently working towards completion.
• One to three years of experience relevant to the duties of this position.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to be flexible on work times and assignments.
• Customer service orientation with the ability to be innovative and participate with others to reach organizational objectives.
• Experience working in an organization of similar size and complexity in a role that required awareness of the structure and how to navigate through it to ensure internal clients were provided efficient and effective service.
• Ability to participate on a multi-disciplinary team and ensure deadlines and milestones are met.
• Ability to adapt and produce high quality results in a constantly changing and developing environment.
• Ability to multi-task and perform numerous tasks for various clients within acceptable time frames,
• Excellent computer skills in order to access and manipulate data from various systems to produce financial and other reports.
• Strong analytical ability to meaningfully interpret and present data.
• Understanding of the full accounting and budgeting cycle.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth