ADULT DAY PROGRAM WORKERApply Now Job ID 1438240 Date posted 09/18/2020
Facility :CORPORATE OFFICE
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.52 FTE)
We are currently seeking a Permanent Part Time Adult Day Program Worker to join our dedicated and energetic team in Kelowna!
As an Adult Day Program Worker you will assist in facilitating leisure activities and social programs for clients attending the program. You will also provide direction and support clients with activities related to daily living as they strive toward promoting maximum independence.
The successful candidate must have strong communication skills and be a team player!
Shifts are from 09:00 to 15:30 or 15:00 to 19:00 and days of work are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays only. The successful candidate also qualifies for our full comprehensive benefits plan including health and welfare benefits, paid vacation and sick time and a great pension plan.
Come and join our team in Kelowna!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, graduation from a recognized Activity/Recreation program, and one year recent related experience in an Adult Day Program (which includes experience in recreation/activation); or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to function as a collaborative and co-operative team member.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
• Ability to instruct
• Knowledge of, and ability to do, various arts and crafts, handicrafts, and sports activities.
• Knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation principles.
• Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance.
• Driving knowledge of applicable area.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.