ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1271104 Date posted 06/12/2019
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
The Community Health and Services Centre in Kelowna, B.C. is looking for a casual Administrative Services Assistant to join their administrative team.
This position performs reception, administrative duties, such as:
• Regular office and reception duties: Data entry, gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information, types correspondence, prepares presentations, arranges meeting, types agendas, takes and transcribes minutes, books travel, performs reception duties, record management;
• Schedules and confirms client appointments;
• Receives, records, checks and balances cash transactions;
• Clinical support - cleaning, setting up and dismantling rooms, cleaning/sanitizing toys and equipment, weighing and measuring babies, calibrating equipment, vision screenings;
• Cleans medical equipment and instruments;
• Delivering supplies and biologicals to health unit;
• Deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Shift types for this position are days and evenings and shift times rotate from 08:00 to 16:30, 16:30 to 21:00, 08:00 to 18:00 hours.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education and Experience:
Grade 12, a certificate from a recognized office administration certificate program, plus one year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Ability to organize and prioritize
• Ability to type at 40 wpm
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
• Knowledge of nursing equipment
• Knowledge of sterilization techniques and procedures
• Business writing skills
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current five (5) minute Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution;
• An Office Administration Certificate;
• A current valid BC Driver’s License;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth