ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1417877 Date posted 06/30/2020
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
We are looking for a term specific Administrative Assistant to join our Pandemic Response team in Kelowna, B.C. The term for this position is until November 25, 2021.
Working in accordance with the established vision and values of the organization, the Administrative Assistant works in a team environment to provide confidential administrative support functions to the Executive Director for Pandemic Response and other management staff as required.
The Administrative Assistant serves as a vital linkage and communication source to keep the Pandemic Response portfolio informed and aligned to its priorities.
The responsibilities include: coordinating and organizing workflow; determining priorities; composing confidential correspondence for signature; designing and creating correspondence, documents, presentations, orientation packages, and spreadsheets (including data entry) for authorization by the management team; maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows through, and is processed for management as it pertains to client care, operations, personnel, labour relations, finance, and public affairs; and supporting the Executive Director in setting the positive, collaborative, efficient tone for the Pandemic Response portfolio.
Community Profile: Surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery, the thriving city of Kelowna is situated on the eastern shores of Lake Okanagan in the south central region of British Columbia. It is the largest city in the area and boasts all of the amenities of a major centre including fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant arts and culture scene. Wine tours, golfing, skiing, boating, swimming and camping are among the many recreational activities enjoyed by residents here.
If you would love to work with a progressive and cohesive team, we would love to hear from you! Apply Today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized secretarial program.
• Three to five years of recent, related experience including experience working with various computer software programs.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Leads Self – self-awareness, manages self, develops self, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – communicates effectively
• Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions
• Develops Coalitions – builds partnership and networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers and service
• System Transformation – encourages and supports innovation
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Ability to type 50 wpm and set up letters, reports, etc. in a professional format.
• Knowledge of applicable computer hardware and software programs and ability to perform web-based searches.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth