ADMINISTRATION TEAM LEADER – HEALTH PROTECTIONApply Now Job ID 1192610 Date posted 12/07/2018
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Kelowna Community Health and Services Centre, Health Proection Department is looking for Relief Full Time Administration Team Leader. This position is projected to end on May 31, 2019. If you hold an Accredited Office Administration Certificate, plus Three (3) years related experience, a current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater and a current valid BC Driver’s License....Apply today!
To apply, please submit your application and include:
• A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution;
• An Acredited Office Administration Certificate;
• A current valid BC Driver’s License;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
This position oversees the daily operation of Hospitals & Communities Integrated Services (HCIS) Administrative Services by performing a variety of administrative support functions. Duties may include:
• Supervising staff – oversees the workflow of Administrative Services staff for Health Protection;
• Assists in the recruitment and selection of staff;
• Assists in the development and evaluation of program policies and standards, and develops and implements work methods and procedures;
• Assists senior Health Protection staff by receiving and reviewing requests to prepare agency contracts;
• Assists with budget planning - preparing financial summaries and reports, short and long-term plans for capital needs by collating and prioritizing requests for space;
• Types a variety of correspondence such as letters, forms, memos, agendas, minutes, presentations and reports from written draft, revisions or dictating machines using word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, databases, presentation software and other software applications;
• Processes and monitors expenditures;
• Receives inquiries from the public, government staff and agencies; determines urgency of inquiry and takes messages or transfers calls as appropriate;
• Arranges for building and equipment maintenance and repairs by liaising with contractors and service providers, and attains required approvals;
• Receives, records, checks, balances cash transactions, maintains petty cash and bank deposits;
• Receives, screens, prioritizes and distributes both incoming and outgoing information and correspondence;
• Performs payroll and timekeeping functions;
• Arranges meetings – books meeting rooms and types and circulates notices and agendas; transcribes and distributes notes and minutes of meetings;
• Makes travel arrangements for staff and reconciles staff purchase card statements for manager approval;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday - 08:30 to 16:30 hours
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
• 4-Step Wage Progression;
• Comprehensive Employee Benefits – BC Medical Services Plan, Dental Plan, Extended Health Care Plan, and Life Insurance – all Employer paid;
• Municipal Pension Plan;
• Generous vacation entitlement starting at 3 weeks in full time positions;
• Continuing Education program; and
• Disability & Wellness Programs.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Accredited Office Administration Certificate, Plus
• Three (3) years related experience; Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Completion of a Typing Test at 40 wpm dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a recognized institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
• Current valid BC Driver’s License
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type 40 words per minute.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook; dicta typing; minute taking.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
• Ability to supervise in an effective manner.
• Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize workloads as well as ability to multitask.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Knowledge of general office procedures and ability to operate related office equipment.
• Ability to evaluate and monitor administrative systems and procedures.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
**Along with your CV (resume), please submit an Accredited Office Administration Certificate, a Typing Test (minimum 40 wpm within the past 24 months) from a recognized institution and copy of Driver's License. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth