CookApply Now Job ID 1628337 Date posted 11/23/2021
Facility :VICTORIAN HOSP OF KASLO
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is hiring a Permanent Full Time Cook for the Victorian Community Health Centre of Kaslo.
The successful candidate must have be available to work rotating day shifts from 07:15 to 18:28 including weekends.
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Department such as:
• Prepares assigned food items by following established menus, recipes and quantity quotas;
• Plans preparation and cooking schedule;
• Cooks and seasons assigned food and therapeutic diet items such as, soups, sauces, salads, starches, meats and other protein menu items, vegetables and desserts;
• Controls portioning of food items to ensure recipe yield meets assigned quantity quotas;
• Maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste;
• Cleans cooking area and equipment;
• Assigns tasks to designated food service workers and provides related training and orientation;
• Checks returned diet trays for items not consumed and makes substitutions according to therapeutic diet;
• Portions out and serves food and beverages within dining areas;
• Performs other related duties.
Located on the west shore of Kootenay Lake, Kalso is an adventure playground for outdoor enthusiasts. Kayaking, hiking, mountain biking, fishing and skiing are just a few activities you can enjoy in and around the quaint village.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized 12-month program in quantity cooking, or;
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of this position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships.