SWITCHBOARD AND PATIENT REGISTRATION CLERICAL POSITIONS (KAMLOOPS)Apply Now Job ID 1166915 Date posted 09/21/2018
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare? If so, Interior Health has ONGOING CASUAL career opportunities for you to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team!
We are seeking applications for current and future Switchboard and Patient Registration Clerical positions as need arises throughout the year for Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, BC. These positions perform a variety of clerical duties associated with operating the switchboard, receiving and registering patients and cashier such as:
• Operate switchboard and public address/paging systems;
• Patient registration - admitting duties, preparing identity armbands, admitting forms;
• Receive patients/visitors and direct to appropriate areas;
• Receive, check and deposit patient valuables for safekeeping;
• Admitting clerical duties with bed booking options;
• Maintain physician on-call/vacation lists and other hospital staff;
• Cashier duties - receiving payments; recording payments in cash journals and/or summary sheets; and issuing change and receipts;
• Process requests for patient telephone system, setting up phone and payment plan;
• Record and enter data related to the operations of the morgue;
• Respond to and monitor hospital alarms and emergency codes.
Hours of work (dependent on the position): Rotating Days, Evening, Nights – various shift times.
Please note: Casual opportunities offer no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
To apply, please submit your application and include:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• Certificate or Official Transcript showing proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. **
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard 45 wpm.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth