SPEECH–LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST - EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENTApply Now Job ID 1398406 Date posted 05/19/2020
Facility :KAMLOOPS S CENTRAL HEALTH
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Work where you matter! Interior Health’s Kamloops Public Health invites applications for the role of Early Childhood Development Speech-Language Pathologist (S-LP). Kamloops Public Health is looking a knowledgeable S-LP with experience in family-centered speech and language services to children from birth to school entry and their caregivers. Kamloops Public Health S-LPs form a small, cohesive team of practitioners who provide a full range of clinical services, community consultation and education, and implementation of a population health approach to promote healthy communication.
As a member of the Kamloops Public Health S-LP team, you will provide screening, assessment, and diagnostic services using standardized and non-standardized procedures and make recommendations based on assessment findings. This position provides a full range of intervention services including the development of treatment goals/objectives and correlated intervention plans; and participates in coordinated interdisciplinary services by making referrals to other service providers, consults with families and other professionals to ensure a collaborative interdisciplinary team approach, and advocates to meet the needs of clients and families, when appropriate.
Reporting to the Professional Practice Leader S-LP you will draw upon your ability to use a population health approach to track and prevent communication delays/disorders in the birth to school-entry population and promote healthy communication development/practices and early identification/referral.
Shift times are 8 am to 4 pm Mondays through Fridays with weekends and statutory holidays off. While based in Kamloops and the Public Health Unit, this is a position that also provides outreach to the 100 Mile House area one week per month. Use of an Interior Health fleet vehicle is provided along with expenses for meals and accommodations; a valid Driver’s License is necessary. As a permanent employee, this position is eligible for Interior Health’s benefit package and enrolment in Pension Plan. Hourly rates of pay are $34.95 to $43.58; to be determined by relative and recent prior work experience.
BC’s rural towns and smaller cities offer natural beauty, access to backcountry adventures, community connections, and a quieter way of life. Experience the satisfaction that comes from working and living in the Southern Interior of BC!
If this position sounds like an opportunity for you, apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Registration as a Speech-Language Pathologist with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC.
• One year’s recent, related experience in working with clients in Early Childhood Development setting and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Valid BC Driver’s license where required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Assessment and Treatment: Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) through appropriate/prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written, computer communication means. Ability to effectively apply conflict resolution skills..
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice: Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitivity to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement and empowerment. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovation, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth