REGISTERED NURSE – AMBULATORY CARE (ENDOSCOPY CLINIC)Apply Now Job ID 1371338 Date posted 05/13/2020
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Interior Health Regional and Tertiary Hospitals provide a range of Ambulatory Care Services and depending on the assigned clinical area within the Ambulatory Care Unit, the Nurse may be required to be competent in multiple clinical settings. Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) is seeking a Registered Nurse with a Perioperative Certificate to work in Endoscopy in the GI Lab within the Ambulatory Care Unit at the hospital.
As the Registered Nurse, you are responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of client care. Working in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, you will ensure the delivery of client–centered care by assisting individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs. You are responsible for demonstrating a specialized body of knowledge and base your practice on nursing science and related content from other sciences and humanities.
This relief full time position is to provide coverage until November 2020, or until the return of incumbent. This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health. Days of work are Monday to Friday Day shift; on-call rotation attached.
Kamloops is a wonderful, safe place with unsurpassed quality of life. Interior Health can offer excellent benefits, an opportunity to maximize your skills, and is an organization where you have room to learn and develop in your nursing practice in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned program area as required by the position:
• Minor Procedures Clinic - completion of recognized post-basic education in perioperative nursing (including theory and practicum in scrub and circulating roles), plus two years recent related ambulatory care experience which includes experience in minor surgical, oncology, and/or medical specialty clinics in an acute care facility or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Endoscopy - Certification in gastro intestinal (GI) Nursing and a minimum of two years recent, related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
• Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
• Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
• Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
• Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
• Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
• Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
• Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth