REGISTERED DENTAL HYGIENISTApply Now Job ID 1207191 Date posted 01/11/2019
Facility :KAMLOOPS S CENTRAL HEALTH
Kamloops Public Health is seeking an experienced Dental Hygienist to join its Dental Team on a casual employment basis.
The Dental Team focuses dental services to children zero to 6 years of age in various community settings (e.g. Health Centres, Child Development Centres, Community Agencies, Friendship Centres, and Schools). Services include risk assessments for dental decay, fluoride varnish clinics, school surveys, presentations targeting high-risk groups and vulnerable populations, preschool/daycare kits and family counseling sessions.
This position practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Dental Hygienists of British Columbia and provides dental health prevention and promotion services for communities in Interior Health.
Interior Health Dental Hygienists function with a great degree of independence with an understanding of policies and procedures involved with preventive dental programs.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
• Delivering programs in accordance with established policies procedures and guidelines by performing duties such as providing leadership for the coordination of the regional dental services in the assigned area and developing strategies for targeted populations to meet their dental health needs.
• Providing clinical best practice and direct dental services such as performing dental health surveys, screenings, referrals, counseling and follow-up for individuals in community dental services and teaching dental health and conducting demonstrations in community settings.
• Developing and coordinating interdisciplinary workshops and coordinating inter-agency programs in the community related to the dental program.
• Acting as a resource for dental information to members of the community and other IH health professionals/staff.
• Participating in approved research and special projects in collaboration with designated personnel/team and other health care professionals.
• Applying an evidence-based approach to clinical problem solving through methods such as reviewing relevant literature/resources and applying approved research findings in clinical practice.
Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Shifts, when available, will be between the working hours of 08:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Casual employment means there are no guarantee of hours and work requirements can vary between Zero and 3.75 hours per week. Interior Health requires employees who work casual to work a minimum of 225 hours over a (twelve) 12 month period. A Casual employee will receive 12.6 percent of their straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, a Casual employee has the option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans.
If you are seeking additional work to complement existing workload with an opportunity to work in Public Health, we invite you to apply.
• Diploma in Dental Hygiene from an accredited School of Dental Hygiene.
• Current practicing registration with the College of Dental Hygienists of British Columbia.
• Minimum one (1) year recent, related dental hygiene experience including experience in a community health organization would be an asset.
• Current valid BC driver’s license.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth