Professional Practice Leader – PharmacyApply Now Job ID 1605250 Date posted 09/29/2021
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
We are seeking a permanent full time Professional Practice Leader-Pharmacy to join our Royal Inland Hospital Pharmacy Team in Kamloops, B.C.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who wishes to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance their career.
What will you work on?
The Professional Practice Leader is accountable for the administration, supervision, planning and budgeting of the Pharmacy department. As the successful applicant, you will report to the Manager for administrative matters and will advise on budgets, workload, labour relations and personnel. You will also be responsible for interpreting and implementing all institutional and College of Pharmacists of BC regulations, policies and procedures as they apply to Pharmacy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that standards for Pharmacy are consistent with regulatory, accrediting body standards and relevant legislation as well as provide clinical guidance to the Pharmacy staff practicing in the hospital in advancing pharmaceutical care.
How Will You Create Impact?
This is an opportunity to support departmental and regional pharmacy initiatives through collaboration with local and regional pharmacy leaders, physicians, and nursing leaders to achieve overall goals and objectives.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities and you work alongside within a very supportive Pharmacy team!
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
• Caring for every patient through appropriate, timely, and safe medication management.
• Leadership committed to appropriate medication management and service excellence to our patients and health care teams.
• Communication, teamwork, integrity, quality, continuous improvement, and respect.
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills.
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists.
• Continuous educational opportunities.
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care.
• 100 percent employer paid comprehensive benefits’ package and pension plan.
• Excellent vacation entitlement.
• Relocation Allowance.
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication!
At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
Explore Pharmacy Careers as a Pharmacist at IH
Explore Careers at Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops B.C.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduate of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized College of Pharmacy
• Current registration with the College of Pharmacists of BC
• Successful completion of Departmental Management Program Certificate CHA or HDM or equivalent course.
• Minimum of five years hospital pharmacy experience and two years’ related management experience.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships.