PRACTICE SUPPORT PROGRAM COORDINATORApply Now Job ID 1249525 Date posted 04/16/2019
Facility :KAMLOOPS PERSONAL CARE
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
We have an exciting opportunity for a Practice Support Program Coordinator to join out Primary Care team in Kamloops.
The Practice Support Program (PSP) Coordinator is responsible for providing a range of support at the community and practice level by engaging physicians, their staff, and relevant coordinated care teams in collaborative quality improvement projects. As part of a Regional Support Team (RST), PSP Coordinator will partner with local Divisions of Family Practice (DoFP), Health Authority representatives, and other community partners to support and enable the adoption, implementation, and measurable sustainment of practice improvements.
The PSP originated as an initiative of the General Practice Services Committee (GPSC). The program now supports the Shared Care Committee (SCC) and the Specialist Services Committee (SSC). These three committees are known as the Joint Clinical Committees (JCC), a partnership between Doctors of BC and the Ministry of Health. The PSP focuses on providing quality improvement and practice support within physician practices with the primary goals of improving both patient outcomes as well as the professional experience of physicians.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides tailored support to physicians in their place of practice through the delivery of a combination of core PSP services: Practice Coaching, EMR Optimization, and the delivery of provincially developed clinical and office efficiency modules. These services are delivered in partnership with physician peer mentors or “champions”, expert Medical Office Assistants (MOAs), and other relevant care team supports such as Specialist Expert Consults and/or Allied Health Professionals.
2. Develops and maintains collaborative and effective working relationships with DoFP; ensures DoFP needs are involved with service planning/scheduling and are made aware of related Health Authority programs as appropriate. Attends DoFP Working Groups or Committees as requested and works collaboratively with DoFP in assessing and planning for the practice support needs of local physicians.
3. Provides coaching and facilitation support to improve office efficiencies and clinical workflow efficiencies through the optimized use of Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) based on the individual needs of clinic practices. Identifies EMR and office workflow problems and recommends possible solutions or resources to improve efficiencies such as the use of templates, registries, and decision support tools.
4. Plans, organizes, and delivers PSP modules. Ensures that registration for assigned workshops meet attendance minimums, monitors registration numbers, and takes appropriate action to remedy low attendance as necessary. Executes in-office Action Period visits ensuring the adoption of practice change, including supporting the practice team (usually physician and MOA) in the effective usage of tools and templates within the EMR.
5. Recruits physician mentors who provide leadership and engagement of their peers in quality improvement activities.
6. Supports the identification of quality indicators including means of measurement and collection to demonstrate continuous improvement and contribute to community, regional, and provincial level evaluation. This will include the use of EMR dashboards, creation of patient registries, and other means of supporting a culture of physician-driven, continuous quality improvement.
7. Assists in communication, improved integration, and coordination of services of new Health Authority and provincial health services, EMR-based initiatives, and other provincial or regional system initiatives which impact physician practices.
8. Participates on various provincial working groups to support continuous improvement and the sharing of success and local innovation to support the extension of experimental learning across regions, effective system-wide collaboration, increased coordination, and successful implementation of the broader PSP mandate.
9. Provides expertise, advice, and support to DoFP and/or other physician groups as requested to support the ongoing evolution of creating a culture of continuous and data-driven quality improvement throughout all of the initiatives under the JCCs.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience
• A Bachelor's degree in Health Services, Health Information Management, Business Administration, or Psychology.
• Five years of experience, including experience in leadership and the application of coaching techniques, project management, and quality improvement methodologies.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Experience in project management business analysis, change management, LEAN management, and practice change management initiatives.
• Experience in a healthcare role, clinical practice role, or an MOA/office manager role, particularly related to clinical workflow process using EMRs, is an asset.
• A valid BC Driver's license and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth