PHYSIOTHERAPIST – SENIORS HEALTH AND WELLNESSApply Now Job ID 1427413 Date posted 08/17/2020
Facility :NORTH HILLS CARE CENTRE
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.80 FTE)
Interior Health’s North Hills Care (NHC) Centre invites applications for the role of Physiotherapist. We are looking for knowledgeable Physiotherapists with experience in developing client evidence-based, outcome-focused intervention strategies consistent with the clients’ needs and goals in order to achieve optimal health outcomes.
NHC Centre provides a range of health care and support services for the comprehensive and treatment of the physically frail and medically complex over 65 years of age. Seniors Health and Wellness Centre patients are referred by their family doctor, nurse practitioner, or specialist. The interprofessional team at the centre may include a geriatrician, family physicians with a special interest in geriatrics, mental health clinician, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, registered dietitian, rehabilitation assistant, speech and language pathologist, pharmacist, registered nurse, social worker, and respiratory therapist provide specialized short-term care (four to eight weeks).
As a member of the NHC Centre care team, you will work independently and collaboratively providing physiotherapy services that include assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education of clients and/or their caregivers. Reporting to the Physiotherapy Professional Practice Leader you will draw upon your ability to identify client and therapist expectations and the client’s desired functional status and quality of life; administer standardized tests and measures; promote functional independence; and enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes.
This is a relief, part-time position until return of incumbent (date unknown). Days of work are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and weekend coverage. Hours are 08:00 to 16:00 hours. It is a position eligible for Interior Health’s comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health.
If you are passionate about working in a fast-paced, exciting environment as part of team, this is the opportunity for you!
Community Profile: Proud to be Canada's Tournament Capital, the city of Kamloops is situated in the heart of the southern interior at the meeting of the North and South Thompson Rivers. Kamloops is the 3rd largest city outside the Lower Mainland and is the centre of commercial trade and services for the region. Residents enjoy a lively professional arts scene that offers up a variety of galleries, the symphony, and a number of live theaters, modern shops, excellent parks and multi-use trails, world class ski and golf resorts, top recreational facilities as well as an endless choice of water sports and fishing lakes. Kamloops is home to some of the best mountain biking in North America and the renowned four season resort Sun Peaks is only 45 minutes away. Blue skies, endless sunshine, one thousand lakes and spectacular landscapes make the Kamloops region the natural place to work and play.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
• Valid Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.