PHYSIOTHERAPIST – MENTAL HEALTH TERTIARY CAREApply Now Job ID 1318891 Date posted 10/16/2019
Facility :HILLSIDE CTR- ADULT PSYCH
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.60 FTE)
We are seeking a Physiotherapist at Hillside Centre. Hillside Centre is a 44 bed facility located on the Royal Inland Hospital campus in Kamloops, BC. This facility provides services to both adults and elderly individuals with acute illness and/or severely dysfunctional behaviours who cannot be cared for in the psychiatric system in their own area. The focus is on diagnosis and stabilization with rehabilitation strategies to promote stabilization and reintegration into the community to return home. The focus of this position is mental health tertiary care, including psychosis, rehab, and long term care clinical.
Practicing in accordance with professional standards and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC), the Physiotherapist works independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary rehabilitation team providing physiotherapy services including assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education of clients and/or their caregivers to promote functional independence and enable the client to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes. The Physiotherapist contributes to the organization and the overall goals of the profession, department; participates in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research, and education; and provides work direction to the rehabilitation assistant working with the rehabilitation team.
This is a temporary, part-time opportunity until the return of incumbent February 2020. Days of work are Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Interior Health offers a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills; access to many clinical resources, interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care; 100 percent employer paid comprehensive benefits’ package and pension plan; and excellent vacation entitlement. Relocation Allowance may be offer to the eligible candidate.
If you would like to join an engaged, collaborative team of healthcare professionals and value work-life balance, we have what you are looking for. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
• Valid BC Driver’s license where required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth