PHYSIOTHERAPIST – ACUTE CAREApply Now Job ID 1243968 Date posted 04/02/2019
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
The Royal Inland Hospital (RIH), located in Kamloops, BC, is a 254-bed facility that serves as the referral centre for approximately 250,000 people. As a tertiary referral hospital RIH's Emergency Department receives over 70,000 visits per year.
RIH offers high-level, specialty medical care including core physician specialties, 24-hour Emergency and Trauma Services, Ambulatory and Outpatient Clinics, and Diagnostic Services. Specialty services include Acute Inpatient Psychiatry, Tertiary Inpatient and Community Psychiatric Services, non-interventional Cardiology, Infectious Disease, Neurology, Gastroenterology and others. RIH also features TPA Stroke, Stroke Thrombolysis, and provincial Tertiary Neuropsychiatry Programs. RIH is the regional base for the six-person, 24-hour High Acuity Response Team (HART) that is utilized in remote emergency transport situations. Surgical services include General Surgery, Neurosurgery, Vascular Surgery, Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery, Urology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and 24/7 Anesthesia coverage.
Physiotherapy Practice Details:
At RIH Physiotherapists work in many areas of the hospital: Othro, Neuro, Medical Intensive, Cardiac ICU, Daycare Surgery, Oncology, Palliative, Stroke Medical, Emergency, and General Surgical. The Physiotherapist works independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary rehabilitation team providing physiotherapy services including assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education to patients and/or their caregivers. We provide student placements for MPT students from various university programs. We have a large staff of Therapists who require relief coverage for vacation and sick time. In a Casual position, RIH can routinely offers up to full time hours.
Casual Employment Details:
Casual employees will receive 12.6 percent of their straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is the option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans. Opportunities to apply internally to regular positions are offered to current Physiotherapy employees.
A Casual position with RIH is an opportunity to experience a wide variety of clients and caseloads. We are seeking Physiotherapists who have availability throughout week, including weekends and statutory holidays, and have excellent teaching and critical thinking skills.
Apply today and join a welcoming team of Therapists and Rehab Assistants.
Education, Training and Experience:
Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth