PHYSIOTHERAPIST – ACUTE CARE AND REHAB SERVICESApply Now Job ID 1257726 Date posted 05/17/2019
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) is a 239 bed Level II Trauma Centre and the third busiest in BC! It serves as the referral centre for approximately 250,000 people.
We have a Permanent Full Time opportunity for a Physiotherapist looking to work in a dynamic role.
Located in Kamloops, BC, RIH provides tertiary rehab services in both highly developed inpatient and outpatient services across the spectrum of rehab services including specialized Hand Therapy, Wounds, Trauma, Amputee, Musculoskeletal, Rheumatologic, Stroke, Neurologic, and Work re-entry programs. There are 18 designated Rehabilitation beds, 4 Stroke Unit beds, and 9 transitional beds co-located on one hospital floor adapted to rehabilitation goals. There is also a fully developed Electrodiagnostic laboratory. Well-formed interdisciplinary teams are functioning at a high standard and there are crest of the wave developments in Stroke Rehab with designated unit developing programs to meet the Canadian Stroke Initiative accreditations.
This Physiotherapist position will offer advanced exposure to the multiple areas of the hospital. The Therapist’s work will provide coverage for the other RIH Physiotherapists’ vacations throughout the year and will have rotations among the numerous wards within rehab services. It is an excellent opportunity for the Physiotherapist with experience and who is up for the challenge. We will be offering a supportive 2-month orientation into the role.
This career opportunity offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health. We will recognize previous experience in determining starting salary. Relocation offered to the eligible candidate.
BC’s rural towns and smaller cities offer natural beauty, access to backcountry adventures, community connections, and a quieter way of life. Experience the satisfaction that comes from working and living in the Southern Interior of BC!
Education, Training, and Experience:
Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth