PHARMACY TECHNICIANApply Now Job ID 1264731 Date posted 05/27/2019
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Do you have your Pharmacy Technician certificate and registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia? If the answer is ‘yes’ we would love to hear from you!
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
We are actively looking to build our list of casual Pharmacy Technicians where work will consist of on-call and/or blocks of shifts to cover vacation, sick time and/or scheduled leaves.
As a registered Pharmacy Technician, you will operate in accordance with the competency guidelines and the scope of practice and standards of practice as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of BC, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist.
• Receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic.
• Prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions.
• Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
• Processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence.
• Transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies.
• Enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system.
• Maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned.
This position is required for chemotherapy mixing so we are particularly seeking candidates with experience in this area however training will be provided specifically for mixing chemotherapy and processing oral chemotherapy prescriptions.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12 and graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program.
Current practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth