PACEMAKER TECHNOLOGIST – RIHApply Now Job ID 1497812 Date posted 01/23/2021
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
The Royal Inland Hospital in sunny Kamloops is seeking a Pacemaker Technologist to join their cardiac services team.
The Royal Inland Hospital is the second largest tertiary level hospital within the Southern Interior area, providing access to a range of cardiac inpatient and outpatient services. The successful applicant will work within a supportive and cohesive team environment; to provide patient care to Pacemaker patients during pacemaker implantation, pacemaker clinic appointments and unplanned or emergency visits.
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
• Performs pacemaker analysis in the O.R., including assisting the surgeon during implant procedures and programming individual pacemaker at correct values during implant.
• Programs pacemakers to optimal settings and maintains records of data obtained for review by Physician.
• Performs a variety of tests such as determining capture and sensing thresholds of implanted leads, and making mathematical calculations to determine optimum safety values of pacemaker, in order to assess pacemaker function
• Explains cardiac pacemaker screen system to patients, monitors cardiac pacemakers and notifies cardiologist of abnormalities; contacts patients by telephone for repeat recordings as requires. Notifies appropriate health care provider of any abnormalities according to established policies and procedures.
• Transfers and assigns ECGs in ECG Cardiology Management systems (i.e. Tracemaster) for interpretation by medical staff.
• Participates in the instruction/orientation of staff and/or students by assisting with departmental orientations, in-service presentations, demonstrating procedures and answering questions, as required.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual positions and lead to regular employment.
Days of work are rotating and hours of work are 08:00-16:00, 07:00 to 15:00.
Come and join us! We are committed to team work, empowerment, innovation and quality. Apply today!
Completion of a Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists recognized diploma program in Cardiology Technology plus successful completion of a recognized pacemaker specialty exam plus two years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current registration with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists and eligible for membership with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists (CSCT).
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.