OPERATING ROOM REGISTERED NURSES & LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSESApply Now Job ID 1134445 Date posted 06/28/2018
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Are you an experienced Operating Room Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse? Do you thrive in a team environment and excel in your nursing practice? If so, Interior Health has career opportunities for you to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team at the Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) in Kamloops, BC.
RIH is in the Thompson Cariboo Shuswap health service area and is one of the two tertiary referrals hospitals. The perioperative department has 9 theatres offering services that include: general surgery (MIS bowels, hernias, spleen), obs/gyne, surgery, urology (MIS nephrectomy), ortho (2 rooms, 1 total joints, sports medicine), ENT & retinal, neuro, vascular (AAA stents), major plastics, dental, laser cases (Holmium, CO2, YAG), and trauma.
Our uniqueness is in who we are and where we are. Your passion and motivation combined with our commitment to set new standards of excellence makes Interior Health the right choice for you. We can offer you an environment that will challenge your professional, technical, and practical skills. We are dedicated to effective quality care and patient advocacy and have leadership that is committed to teamwork, empowerment, and innovation. W
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
• Extended Health Benefits
• Vacation, statutory holidays and leave entitlements
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Relocation assistance
• BC Student Loan Forgiveness Program
• Disability & Wellness Programs
Make a difference. Love your work. Come and join Interior Health, where Every Person Matters. APPLY TODAY!!!
Kamloops, the second largest city in the southern interior of BC, is famous for its hospitality, offering visitors all the amenities of a big city - first class accommodation and dining, a lively arts scene, modern shops, a full range of businesses and wonderful parks and recreation facilities. The landscape is characterized by rivers, mountains, lakes and grasslands which offer unsurpassed opportunities for year-round outdoor adventure, enough to keep even the most avid outdoor enthusiast busy. Blue skies, endless sunshine, deep powder snow, one thousand lakes and spectacular landscapes make the Kamloops region the natural place to visit and experience unparalleled adventure opportunities.
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of perioperative nursing and one year recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment of an operating room similar in size and scope to the applicable site; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current CPR certification required.
Licensed Practical Nurse:
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses with the full range of current licensed practical nursing competencies
• Graduation from an accredited O.R. program for Licensed Practical Nurses plus one (1) year recent related experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse in acute care, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full practicing licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC (CLPNBC).
• Current CPR certification required.
*Rotation is subject to change
*Contact recruiter Tracy Mooney for further details (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interior Health is a health equity employer focused on engaging with Aboriginal people, communities, and partners. We are committed to building an Aboriginal Workforce representation reflective of the population within the Interior and to the delivery of culturally sensitive health care services.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth