OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST – VARIOUS CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN KAMLOOPS, BCApply Now Job ID 1298577 Date posted 08/17/2019
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Interior Health is located in the Southern Interior of BC and is a publically-funded health authority. We provide a wide range of integrated health-care programs and services. Many of our services are offered in the hospitals we operate; however, we also a wide variety of other important services.
With the goal of promoting healthy lifestyles and providing needed health services in a timely, caring, and efficient manner, to the highest professional and quality standards, we are seeking Occupational Therapist candidates for various career opportunities available with Interior Health in the City of Kamloops, BC.
Career opportunities are available in:
• Acute Care in Medical-Surgical Wards – Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) is a 254-acute care bed territory hospital with adjacent psychiatric rehabilitation centres. New Acute programs are pending in the next 12 to 18 months for trauma and adaptive mental health needing Occupational Therapy.
• Long-term Care – Overlander Extended Care Facility (183 beds) is care for adults with complex health care needs requiring 24-hour professional care due to physical disability or mental or behavioural conditions, including brain injuries or dementia.
• Convalescent Care - Ponderosa Lodge (136 beds) offers short term care to residents who are waiting for a permanent bed in a long-term care facility.
• Mental Health Community – Our mental health centres provide many services including adult community support, adult short-term assessment and treatment, community residential programs, geriatric programs, crisis intervention, day and outpatient programs, addictions counselling, concurrent disorders services, group therapy, peer support, and after-hours mental health support. We are seeking an Occupational Therapist to join the Early Psychosis Intervention team.
• Kamloops Home and Community Care – Visitations with clients within their homes to provide a range of health care and support services for eligible residents who have acute, chronic, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs. These services are designed to complement and supplement, but not replace the efforts of individuals to care for themselves with the assistance of family, friends and community. The range of services includes home based services such as assessment and case management, nursing, rehabilitation, home support and palliative care.
Interior Health offers:
• Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits package for you and immediate family members
• Recognition of previous work experience in determining starting salary
• Generous vacation entitlement to start – up to 4 weeks per annum
• Continuing professional development
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Liability insurance
• Relocation allowance support
If you are passionate about Occupational Therapy and are looking your next career move, we would love to hear from you!
Proud to be Canada's Tournament Capital, the City of Kamloops is situated in the heart of the Southern Interior at the meeting of the North and South Thompson Rivers. Kamloops is the 3rd largest city outside the Lower Mainland and is the centre of commercial trade and services for the region. Residents enjoy a lively professional arts scene that offers up a variety of galleries, the symphony, and a number of live theaters, modern shops, excellent parks and multi-use trails, world class ski and golf resorts, top recreational facilities as well as an endless choice of water sports and fishing lakes. Kamloops is home to some of the best mountain biking in North America and the renowned four season resort Sun Peaks is only 45 minutes away. Blue skies, endless sunshine, one thousand lakes and spectacular landscapes make the Kamloops region the natural place to work and play.
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC). Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth