OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST – TERTIARY ACUTE CAREApply Now Job ID 1298550 Date posted 08/27/2019
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
A full time opportunity is available for an Occupational Therapist at Royal Inland Hospital. The Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) is a 254-bed, tertiary referral facility located in Kamloops, BC. RIH offers high-level, specialty medical care including core physician specialties, 24 emergency and trauma services, ambulatory and outpatient clinics, and diagnostic services. Specialty services include ambulatory psychiatry, elderly mental health, clinical nutrition, and lung health.
This is a relief, full time opportunity until return of incumbent (date unknown) and includes a Medical Floor rotation with mentorship and support provided by rehabilitation teams. Days and hours of work are Monday to Friday 8 am to 4 pm with weekends and statutory holidays off.
Practicing in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC), the Occupational Therapist works independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary rehabilitation team providing inpatient/outpatient Occupational Therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education of patients (‘the client’) and/or their caregivers to promote functional independence and enable the client to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes. The Occupational Therapist contributes to the organization and the overall goals of the department; participates in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research, and education; and provides work direction to the rehabilitation assistants working with the rehabilitation team in regards to transfer of function.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health. Relocation allowance is available for the eligible candidate.
BC’s rural towns and smaller cities offer natural beauty, access to backcountry adventures, community connections, peace of mind, and a quieter way of life. Experience the satisfaction that comes from working and living in a rural area.
Join a team of exceptional Rehabilitation staff and leadership at RIH! Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC). Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth