MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONISTS (ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL)Apply Now Job ID 1144062 Date posted 07/23/2018
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare? If so, Interior Health is seeking ONGOING CASUAL Medical Transcriptionist applications for current and future positions as need arises throughout the year for Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, BC for you to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team!
Important Note: The duties cannot be performed remotely and the successful applicant has to be available to work at the Hospital.
This position performs transcribes, interprets and edits dictation for multiple clinical disciplines and diagnostic departments and performs related clerical duties, such as:
• Ensures content, grammar, punctuation and format are correct by clarifying inconsistencies;
• Performs basic trouble-shooting for dictation/transcription/speech recognition software systems ;
• Assists physician inquiries regarding use of dictation equipment, status of jobs, or Stat dictation;
• Performs a variety of clerical duties: booking appointments; answering telephones; maintaining files and records; assembling charts;
• Carries out assigned workload, maintaining turnaround times as per department standards and guidelines;
• Responds to inquiries for patient information;
• Compiles, prints, and distributes statistical reports.
Hours of work: Rotating Days, Evenings – 07:00 to 15:00, 08:00 to 16:00, 16:00 to 23:59 hours
Please note: Casual opportunities offer no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
To apply, please submit your application and include:
• A current Typing Test 60 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Medical Transcription Certificate – please note stand-alone courses in medical transcription are NOT equivalent to graduation from a Medical Transcription Certificate program;
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. **
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Medical Transcriptionist Certificate from an approved program, plus
• One year's recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 60 wpm dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 60 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth