MEDICAL SONOGRAPHER – GENERAL & CARDIACApply Now Job ID 1410203 Date posted 06/09/2020
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
We are seeking Casual Medical Sonographers to join our team at the Royal Inland Hospital. Preference is for a tech trained in both Cardiac and General Ultrasound.
The Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) is a 216 acute bed hospital and one of Interior Health’s two Tertiary Referral Hospitals. RIH has a state of the art emergency trauma unit and is designated as a trauma center. It has a newly built 17 bed Intensive care Unit and a Level 2 Neonatal Acute Care unit. Kamloops is also home to a 44 bed Tertiary Psychiatric Facility located on the Royal Inland Hospital campus.
The Medical Imaging department consists of five general ultrasound rooms (Abdominal, OB/Gyne, vascular, small parts, MSK, breast and interventional), four echo rooms (Tee’s, contrast and stress echo), and one vascular lab that performs arterial and ultrasound studies. The number of scans varies per day averaging 10 to 13 for general and 8 for echo. General ultrasound rooms have five Philips IU22’s, echo rooms have GE units and in vascular a Philips IU22, and Falcon Pro arterial machine. All of our sites are connected through our regional Picture Archive and Communication System (PACS) integrated into our single Electronic Health Record providing real-time patient histories anywhere within Interior Health. We have clinical advisory groups that are working together to ensure best practice throughout Interior Health.
Shifts of work are rotating days & nights from: 07:00 to 15:00, 07:30 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:00, 08:30 to 16:30, 15:00 to 23:00, 16:00 to 00:00
*This is a Casual opportunity which means there are no guaranteed hours of work. Hours could range from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.*
Working in accordance with the standards of professional practice, the sonographer performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations and related duties working in collaboration with radiologists/cardiologists, physicians and other health care professionals.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others. Apply today to join our team in Kamloops!
Community Profile: Interior Health’s uniqueness is in who we are and where we are. Kamloops offers an active urban lifestyle and boasts to be BC’s friendliest City and Canada’s Tournament Capital! Blending energizing recreational opportunities with a culture of warm, welcoming people, Kamloops is an amazing place for any resident to let loose and just play. The area features a semi-arid climate that sustains rolling hills of grasslands, sagebrush, ponderosa pine, and cactus, marking a noticeable divergence from the rugged mountains of the Rocky Mountains and humid rainforest of the Pacific coast.
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (i.e. Generalist) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (i.e. Abdomen/Small Parts and Obstetrics/Gynecology).
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.