MEDICAL RADIATION TECHNOLOGISTApply Now Job ID 1207748 Date posted 01/11/2019
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Royal Inland Hospital is currently seeking casual Medical Radiography Technologists to join its diagnostic team in providing vacation relief coverage and short notice, on-call.
Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) is an Interior Health tertiary referral hospital. Located in Kamloops, RIH offers high-level, specialty medical care including core physician specialties, 24 emergency and trauma services, ambulatory and outpatient clinics, and diagnostic services.
The Medical Radiation Technologist performs radiographic and related duties working in conjunction with radiologists, physicians and other health care professionals.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives, verifies and processes requisitions from physicians for diagnostic imaging procedures.
• Organizes workload according to exam priority and equipment availability. Ensures adequate supplies are available for examinations/procedures.
• Prepares patient for diagnostic imaging procedures/examinations by performing duties such as explaining procedures and contraindications, verifying relevant patient information, ensuring consent for examinations categorized as high risk, etc.
• Performs all general duty radiographic procedures in accordance with established standards, procedures and protocols.
• Ensures relevant clinical data is collected for all procedures.
• Assesses technical quality of images and applies corrective measures where necessary.
Shifts may be scheduled during Days, Evenings, and/or Nights. Days of work rotate 24/7.
Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual on-call positions and lead to regular employment.
Graduate of an accredited medical radiography program.
Current certification with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth