MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANTS / CLERKSApply Now Job ID 1308098 Date posted 09/11/2019
Facility :KAMLOOPS N SHORE HLTH CTR
Have you graduated from a Medical Office Assistant Certificate Program and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Interior Health is seeking Medical Office Assistant/Clerk applications. Apply Today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution;
• A Medical Office Assistant Certificate;
• A current valid BC Driver’s License;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week).
We are recruiting for the following worksites located in the Kamloops area:
• North Shore sites - Northhills Mall and Health Science Centre
Both these sites support patients with complex medical conditions, in a variety of different ways through team-based care in the community.
Casual opportunities offer no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. However, once hired with Interior Health, you will have opportunity to apply to relief and permanent positions.
This position performs a variety of medical office assistant and clerical duties, such as:
• Regular administrative and reception duties: registers patients, answers telephone, general correspondence, record keeping, chart notes, reports, medical billings, data entry and word processing, graphic and database applications, compiles and enters statistical information, records, transcribes, types, drafts, creates, updates all forms of correspondence;
• Schedules and confirms client appointments;
• Receives, records, checks and balances revenue transactions and petty cash;
• Maintains medical/surgical supplies, equipment and HCIS resource material;
• Clinical support - escorting to examination/treatment room and ensuring appropriate instruments, procedure trays or other supplies are set up; attends sensitive examination procedures and treatments; routine measurements - weight, BMI calculations, eye exams, urinalysis;
• Cleans and sterilizes medical equipment and instruments;
• Delivers and disposes of supplies, biologicals, materials, and equipment.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a Medical Office Assistant Certificate Program from an accredited Community College,
• Two years recent related experience in a health care setting; Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 40 wpm dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
• Current valid BC Driver's License
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type at 40 wpm
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in fast-paced health centre environment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work roles.
• Ability to work as an effective member of an integrated administrative team.
• Ability to communicate effectively using all communication vehicles.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheet applications and specialized clinical information systems.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize and understand Medical Terminology.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to follow detailed instruction.
• Ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others.
**Along with your CV (resume), please submit a Medical Office Assistant Certificate, Typing Test (minimum 40 wpm within the past 24 months) from a recognized institution (on-line tests not accepted) and copy of Driver's License. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth