MEDICAL DEVICE REPROCESSING TECHNICIANApply Now Job ID 1375170 Date posted 03/03/2020
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Interior Health has a casual opportunity for a Medical Device Reprocessing (MDR) Technician at Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, BC!
The Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) is a tertiary referral hospital offering high-level, specialty medical care including core physician specialties, 24 emergency and trauma services, ambulatory and outpatient clinics, and diagnostic services. This facility serves as the referral centre for approximately 250,000 people.
As a MDR Technician, you will perform a series of detailed technical duties related to the decontamination, sterilization, reassembly, function testing and distribution of medical and/or surgical supplies and instruments for various areas of the hospital; and performs related clerical duties and record keeping.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities are, but limited to:
• Receives, sorts, disassembles, cleans, decontaminates, sterilizes, assembles, wraps and reassembles all trays, instruments, carts, supplies and equipment related to the Operating Room (OR) and/or other areas of the hospital;
• Performs routine preventative maintenance on instruments, equipment and supplies. Identifies damaged or malfunctioning instruments, equipment and supplies. Reports, records, initiates and follows up on repairs to faulty instruments, equipment and supplies as required;
• Loads and operates sterilizing equipment. Monitors sterilizing equipment operation and performs standard quality assurance tests on effectiveness of the sterilizing process according to manufacturer’s specifications;
• Monitors and maintains established levels of sterile and non-sterile supplies used throughout the facility as per ward and department requirements.
• Prints pick lists using a computerized system. Picks and distributes instrument sets, equipment and supplies for medical and/or surgical procedures for various patient care procedures/areas.
• Performs routine cleaning/sanitation of work stations/areas, storage areas, processing machines and equipment.
• Performs related clerical duties such as maintaining records, answering telephones, filing, typing and information retrieval from computer.
• Assists with orientation and training of new staff and students.
• Performs and records environmental safety monitoring activities.
• Participates in evaluation and trial of instruments, equipment and supplies.
The shifts are 8 hours Days, Evenings and Nights. Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Casual employees receive 12.6 percent of straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, Casual employees have the option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans.
If you would like to be part of our exciting Sterile Processing Team, we would love to hear from you. Apply Today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized Sterile Supply Processing course, plus one year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of surgical and medical terminology.
• Mathematical aptitude.
• Ability to communicate and deal effectively with others.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth