MANAGER, PLANT SERVICESApply Now Job ID 1224166 Date posted 02/09/2019
Facility :OVERLANDER EXTENDED CARE
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is seeking to hire a Manager, Plant Services, to join the Facilities Management & Operations leadership team. This position will be based in Kamloops and will be responsible for the overall development, operation, and direction of Plant Services in the Thompson and Cariboo areas. The Manager oversees the operation and maintenance of facilities and associated equipment. The Manager is responsible for recommending, developing, and maintaining policies and procedures. The Manager is also responsible for providing quality services in a timely, cost effective manner by planning; directing; coordinating; recruiting; and providing management, leadership, and supervision of Plant Services staff and projects. The Manager oversees the operating budget for Plant Services in the Thompson and Cariboo area and works closely with Capital Projects teams on construction projects over $100,000.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides decisions, direction, communication, and support to staff through policy development, procedures, meetings, and reviews.
2. Determines priorities for Capital Improvement Projects and Maintenance Improvement Projects within the Thompson and Cariboo areas and develops a long-term capital plan for this area.
3. Identifies opportunities for cost savings within the Thompson and Cariboo areas through energy management projects.
4. Works with WH&S, Worksafe BC, and the BC Safety Authority to ensure code compliance and standards are being met.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Interior Health offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package with generous vacation entitlement and relocation allowance.
We strive to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. It’s a place where Every Person Matters.
Education, Training, and Experience
• Must possess either a First or Second Class Power Engineer’s Certificate; a degree in engineering; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Five to seven years recent, related experience preferably in healthcare or a similar organization.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – fosters the development of others, communicates effectively, builds effective teams
• Achieves Results – sets direction, takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
• Develops Coalitions – builds partnerships & networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service, navigates socio-political environments
• System Transformation – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
• Must have a thorough knowledge of building systems, plant operations, maintenance, and construction practices.
• Demonstrated ability to apply health, labor regulations, and professional and legal standards in establishing departmental policies.
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategies and controls and to adjust to changing requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to apply current professional knowledge to ensure the standards, goals, and objectives of the department are achieved.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and implement and/or recommend solutions.
• Proven supervisory ability.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work and set priorities.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Class 5 BC Driver’s license.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth