MANAGER, CLINICAL OPERATIONSApply Now Job ID 1340192 Date posted 12/02/2019
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Manager, Clinical Operations to join our dynamic team at the Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, B.C.! This position offers a large scope for future career development in leadership as well as the support of a great team.
About the Role:
The Manager, Clinical Operations is accountable for ensuring excellence in the provision of patient centered care within a defined clinical area(s). The Manager, Clinical Operations provides leadership and direction for the operations, management, utilization, risk management, and quality improvement within the assigned clinical area(s), and applies management theory and concepts to leading, staffing, monitoring, evaluating, and data gathering including the development of relevant outcome measures pertinent to the clinical area(s). The Manager, Clinical Operations is accountable for: efficient, effective utilization of approved physical, financial, and human resources; guiding and coordinating activities of the clinical area(s) in accordance with professional standards; supporting the goals and strategic direction of Interior Health.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Provides leadership for clinical practice by seeking out and identifying best practices in patient care, ensuring the appropriate structures, system processes, and culture are in place to facilitate ongoing development of a best practice model of care.
• Evaluates effectiveness of care provided and seeks mechanisms to ensure that standards are met consistently. Responds to patient care issues and public concerns in a supportive and goal oriented manner, facilitating communication to affect positive outcomes.
• Facilitates and directs the development, implementation, and evaluation of unit specific goals and objectives, standards and policies, ensuring consistency with the established standards and objectives of the services within Interior Health.
• Maintains fiscal accountability by collecting and monitoring necessary fiscal and utilization data and analyzes data appropriately. Ensures effective use of resources in the service area. Monitors the budget(s), identifies variances, and takes corrective action as required to maintain expenditures within the approved budget(s).
• Participates, as part of the local management team, in coordinating the utilization of shared resources including services, equipment, and space with other departments and/or sites.
• Recruits, hires, disciplines, and terminates staff as required. Provides mentoring and coaching to staff, completes performance evaluations and prepares staff development, training and succession plans. Administers collective agreements and represents the employer in the grievance process, on various union/management committees, and during essential service situations.
• Identifies the educational needs of staff in the provision of direct patient care. Ensures the appropriate mechanisms are in place to support staff in the provision of quality patient care. Communicates with educational personnel regarding identified needs and collaboratively plans the opportunities for professional development.
• Maintains a positive and productive work environment respecting the value of an interdisciplinary team approach to the provision of health services. Promotes the creation of a quality work environment.
• Acts as a change agent within the service, fostering an environment of innovation and critical thinking.
• Represents Clinical Operations and assigned clinical areas on a variety of internal and external committees as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive (defined benefit) employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces….Interior Health.…Where every person matters!
Education, Training, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in nursing, health sciences, or related field.
• Seven to ten years recent, related clinical experience, including three years in a leadership role.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current registration with the relevant professional college or association preferred.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – fosters the development of others, communicates effectively, builds effective teams
• Achieves Results – sets direction, takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
• Develops Coalitions – builds partnerships & networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service, navigates socio-political environments
• System Transformation – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to guide individuals and groups while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment, and effectiveness.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively introduce and manage change that is consistent with the vision, purpose, and operating principles of Interior Health.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, manage, and evaluate programs.
• Excellent negotiation skills to relate effectively with clients, medical staff, and members of the interdisciplinary team.
• Ability to define own continuing education needs and maintain competency through reading literature, management workshops, seminars, and available educational offerings.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth