LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE, AMBULATORY CAREApply Now Job ID 1356515 Date posted 01/22/2020
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) is seeking Licenses Practical Nurse (LPN) with Perioperative Advanced Specialty Certification for its Ambulatory Care Unit.
RIH is a tertiary hospital serving the Thompson/Cariboo/Shuswap region of Interior Health. RIH's Ambulatory Care operates days from Monday to Friday. Minor surgeries, including Plastic Surgery, ENT are performed, as well as Minor Treatments, Urology, Gynecology, and IV Therapy.
In collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the LPN, Ambulatory Care Unit performs assessments, plans, implements and provides personal and nursing care to patients. Administers oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications in accordance with pharmaceutical and organizational policies and procedures. The scope or extent of the skills that the LPN, Ambulatory Care Unit performs varies according to the predictability of the outcome for a given client population. The LPN, Ambulatory Care Unit operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and full scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Casual employees receive 12.6 percent of straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, Casual employees have the option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans. Days of work could be scheduled on a rotating basis and will of Days or Evening shifts.
If you have honed your nursing skills and are enthusiastic about your practice, we welcome hearing from you. Join Interior Health where what you do makes a difference in the lives of others while loving what you do!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area as required by the position: Minor Procedures Clinic - completion of additional education in perioperative nursing (including theory and practicum in scrub and circulating roles), plus two year’s recent related ambulatory care experience which includes experience in minor surgical, and/or medical specialty clinics in an acute care facility or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current CPR certification required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth